Meta has announced a new paid verification service called Meta Verified . For $11.99 per month on the web and $14.99 per month on iOS and Android, Instagram and Facebook users will be able to get a blue verification badge.
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that a Meta Verified account will give users a verified badge, better visibility on platforms, priority customer support and more. This feature was first made available in Australia and New Zealand and will reportedly arrive in other countries soon.
How To Get Meta Verified?
In order to register to get Meta Verified, you must meet the following conditions:
- minimum activity requirements,
- be at least 18 years old,
- submit an ID that matches the name and photo you have on Facebook or Instagram.
Meta Verified looks a lot like Elon Musk’s $8/month version of Twitter Blue, but Meta says it won’t make any changes to accounts that were verified using the company’s previous requirements.
What Do You Get With Meta Verified?
If you opt for Meta Verified, you will be able to use the following features:
- verified badge on your account,
- monitoring service, whether someone is impersonating you,
- increased visibility and reach of your account, for example in search and recommendations,
- personal support for problems with your account – contact support,
- exclusive stickers in stories,
- priority in the comments.
The novelty is being tested in Australia and New Zealand, and Meta wants to bring the new product to the rest of the world soon.
The obvious market for this service is creators and influencers who use Meta platforms, especially Instagram. Meta says this will help new creators, adding that subscribers with smaller followings will see a bigger impact on their reach.
Will you use Meta Verified? Write your opinion about this news in the comments.
Also Read: The Best Social Networks For Companies