Table of Contents
Develop An Employer Branding Strategy
Companies must bet on improving their job attractiveness if they want to find the right people for their organization. For this reason, in recent years, designing a good employer branding strategy has become an essential element for companies, which thus find a formula to enhance their brand and, at the same time, offer conditions that allow attraction and loyalty. of talent.
Creating and implementing an employer brand strategy is key in today’s environment where talent shortage is one of the main difficulties that companies struggle with when it comes to filling vacancies in their companies. Therefore, the development of an employer branding strategy is essential to be able to apply the necessary techniques and actions, not only to attract talent, but also to retain and retain the talent that is already part of the company and that is a strategic asset.
At this point it is important to bear in mind that the value proposition of employer branding must be lived by the entire workforce, the entire company must be aware of its impact on the business, both to attract talent and to improve the results and image of the company. brand.
It is not enough to create a brand, but it must be a truly competitive value proposition. Designing a brand is no longer enough, today’s society demands its maintenance and optimization for professionals. We tell you some of the techniques and actions that the company can implement to create and improve as an employer brand:
Generally when we talk about the game we associate it with playful activities that are done during leisure time. However, it can also be applied in other contexts, such as professional. It is a technique known as gamification and more and more companies are encouraged to incorporate it in order to improve employee satisfaction, productivity and reputation.
The goal is to make ordinary tasks more fun, so that the experience of the process itself is much more satisfying and agile. This technique is used in various fields such as: sales, marketing, education, health, etc. In addition, its application in the workplace is very interesting , since it serves as a stimulus to streamline processes and make them more efficient.
Gamification contributes to the improvement of employer branding , since more and more candidates value the working conditions of the companies they choose to join. There, gamification can be decisive, because it is an added value for the employee’s experience and professional growth. Additionally, if teams experience these benefits, they are more likely to become brand ambassadors and help you attract talent.
In addition, gamification is spreading throughout companies, because it is a useful element internally and a differentiating factor abroad. If implemented correctly, the game becomes a stimulus to improve processes. Applying this technique helps professionals to be more productive and increases their satisfaction, which, at the same time, will benefit the organization’s employer branding.
2. Social Recruiting
Currently, the digital environment dominates all the spaces of our lives, also in the labor aspect. More and more companies are using social networks as an Employer Branding tool. These allow to expose what are the traits that make a company a good employer and drive the attraction and selection of talent.
Social networks play a fundamental role when it comes to finding and retaining talent. They have become an excellent letter of introduction and the first contact for those who want to know more about a company.
Today, people value the companies they work for for factors that go far beyond salary or hours. For this reason, it is essential to show and publicize all the actions that help position the company within the labor market as an employer brand, and what better scenario to do so than that of social networks?
Having an authentic training plan in the company is a strategy that benefits both the company, which manages to increase its employer branding and can even see its talent deficit problems solved, as well as the professionals, who can develop their skills and experience a increase.
Knowing how to identify the potential of talent and promoting its development is the best guarantee for achieving the most competent teams, but accompanying it with a solid internal training strategy provides many more advantages for the company, especially if it involves customizable online training such as e-learning.
Why does e-learning bring many more advantages for the company? Because doing it through online training tools, e-learning, means making it easier for talent, offering them the freedom to self-manage their time and dedication to each resource, since each person has different availability and learning rhythms.
4. Labor Inclusion
Talent is not only attracted by an interesting job offer, they also take into account that the company behind it has values aligned with theirs and that it seems the ideal place in which to develop as a professional.
Companies have an undeniable social responsibility that must permeate their entire structure: why not improve the employer branding of the organization with a culture that advocates inclusion? Without a doubt, having a culture that advocates inclusion will be beneficial for both the company and the community.
Some tips to ensure labor inclusion in the company are:
- Inclusion from the first moment of the hiring process, making it clear that the company will operate in a pleasant and inclusive environment.
- Examine the regulations that the company has. The company’s regulations must promote the dignity and respect of its workers.
- Create a diverse and inclusive environment where all the people who make up the organization participate in it. Diversity is enriching, providing different views of different cultures, ages and genders allows a company to see the world around it from a multiple perspective.
5. Own Employees
Employees are the best ambassadors and the best branding to attract talent. The well-being and satisfaction of a company’s employees have a direct impact on its productivity and results, but also on the image it projects as a brand. What professionals transmit spontaneously can be the best advertising for the company.
Undoubtedly, when the strategy is most effective and powerful, it is when it is born from the will of the employees. A satisfied employee will transmit to his closest circles the well-being at work, his feeling of belonging and the value of the products or services, with which he is contributing to building a more solid and enormously positive brand image. If you also do it through a loudspeaker such as social networks, the message will go further and penetrate much more deeply.
Good Practices To Improve Your Strategy
Here are some tips that can help improve a company’s employer branding strategy:
- Employer branding is a long-term strategy. In no case is it a specific plan or program from which we have to expect immediate results.
- Be clear about what we are offering. We must start by knowing what we are offering to the market, what our value proposition is for employees (current and potential future employees). This entails making an analysis of one’s own culture and corporate values.
- Know the target audience . At a time when collecting and storing data is easier and more exhaustive than ever (Big Data is already a reality), after collecting it, it is necessary to carry out an in-depth analysis to establish what the professionals we want to reach demand. .
- Align supply and demand. Even knowing what attracts workers, many companies do not offer it or the market does not perceive that they offer it, which for practical purposes is the same.
- Make sure that the employer branding strategy is planned and communicated in the right way. All channels (internal and external) of the company send out a message, which must in all cases be homogeneous and consistent with each other and in line with the corporate culture. The website, magazines, social networks. Have to transmit the image of the company in an aligned, positive way and with attractive and frequently updated content.
- Evaluate the results . Periodically measure the results of your employer branding efforts to ensure they are on the right track and to renew them as the market evolves.
It must be taken into account that the general context has a determining influence on the demands of the workers. For example, as a result of Covid 19, and the subsequent growth in unemployment, job security has been gaining weight again as one of the most important factors.
How To Measure The Impact Of An Employer Branding Strategy
A good employer branding strategy is beneficial for both the company and the employees, but at this point we must ensure that the resources and efforts allocated to creating and improving our employer brand are working properly.
For this, it is necessary to measure the impact that the employer branding strategy is having. We tell you how to do it:
- ROI employer branding (return on investment): used to analyze its economic viability. If the results of this value are positive, it means that the strategy will be profitable, which will make it easier to support the project and carry out investments.
- Employer branding survey: as we have already mentioned throughout the articles, employees are the best brand ambassadors, so conducting surveys of the workforce can provide key information to measure the impact of the initiatives that the company is carrying out in terms of employer branding.
- KPI employer branding : define the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that the company wants to evaluate and introduce their study and monitoring in the strategy to know the evolution and be able to draw conclusions about their operation and impact.