LinkedIn is the business social network par excellence, ideal for networking, participating in groups, learning about the sector, publicizing your professional side, and learning from the competition. In short, LinkedIn is the most powerful professional tool to manage and care for your brand.
The profile of this social network says a lot about each person, and today, it is an essential complement to the curriculum vitae. A well-defined and well-developed profile can help you get a job, attract new contacts, or gain visibility within the sector.
Not only do you have to be there, but you have to generate activity and achieve a good score in line with the measurement of the network itself and its Social Selling Index. Therefore, in this article, we review the highlights of a stellar LinkedIn profile.
Also Read: Facebook Ads – Advertising On Facebook
What Are The Main Aspects To Take Into Account?
Review the profile image: The profile photograph must be current, if possible, looking into the camera, and recognizable. It shouldn’t be a group image or in a personal context.
Cover photo: It is advisable to use the space on the cover as a communication tool showing the user a professional or corporate environment. Keep in mind that the network itself recommends changing it every six months.
Owner vs. Position: The incumbent does not have to match the current position exactly. It is possible to edit it if you want to highlight any information about your training or experience. Additionally, it is essential to keep in mind that the keywords we use in the headline will help us better position our profile.
About: This is one of the most critical sections. The information we include here should focus more on the person and their skills rather than collecting professional experience (which is already in the later breakdown). It is also essential to use the keywords with which we want to be linked. General recommendations for this section:
- Create interest, attract, and like.
- Convey closeness in tone.
- Write it in first person.
- Capture interest in the first 233 characters, which are the ones seen at first glance.
- Edit the URL. It will help position the profile better in searches.
- The contents that are shared. Define a content strategy based on the company itself, the professional sector to which you belong, and your interests beyond the professional field.
- The network of contacts and interaction. Promoting active listening is essential to understanding what is happening throughout the web, in your sector, and in society in general.
Also Read: What Is A Social Integration Technician?